Lexicon of Sustainability Art Exhibit at Beaver Dam Community Hospital Café.
Organized by Beaver Dam Community Hospital
Thursday, April 23rd, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
A new pop up art show includes 24 enlarged photos about sustainable farming. The community is invited to view the collection, taste local foods and share in conversation. Admission is free.
Arbor Day Tree Planting at Jefferson Elementary
Organized by Beaver Dam Rotary Club
Friday, April 24th, 10:30am
Join the children at Jefferson Elementary School for their annual tree planting festival sponsored by the Beaver Dam Rotary. In addition to tree planing, the day will include a tree-climbing demonstration by certified arborist, John Herzog.
Downtown Community Cleanup at American National Bank
Organized by American National Bank
Friday, April 24th, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Anyone interested in helping is welcome to come lend a hand. We'll have supplies...just show up and help make the downtown festival area shine! We'll be working around the Beaver Dam Area Chamber of Commerce and the Historical Museum.
Earth Day Festival Events on Saturday, April 25th
- 8:00am - Outdoor market setup
- 9:30am - Woodworking at Northwoods Casket Co. (109 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- 10:00am - Outdoor market open to the public (til 2:00pm)
- 10:00am - Tree City USA award at Chamber of Commerce (127 S. Spring St.)
- 10:15am - Ceremonial tree planting (131 E. Maple Ave.)
- 10:15am - "Making the connection: public health and the environment" (127 S. Spring St.)
- 10:30am - Live music by Bradley Sperger
- 11:00am - Real milk paint at Northwoods Casket Co. (109 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- 11:15am - "Breathing is better than the alternative" (127 S. Spring St.)
- 12:15pm - "Scrap is not waste. Recycling is not disposal."
- 12:30pm - Live music by Bradley Sperger
- 1:00pm - Natural oil wood finishes at Northwoods Casket Co. (109 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- 1:15pm - "Bees and their hives" (127 S. Spring St.)
- 2:00pm - Outdoor market cleanup
- all day - Art activities for kids of all ages at BDAAA booth (#21 on map)
- all day - Tours of the new theatre by BDACT (#23 on map)
Educational Presentations on Saturday, April 25th
Community members and families are invited to several special presentations, which will take place inside the Chamber of Commerce located at 127 South Spring Street. The presentation schedule for Saturday, April 25th is as follows:
Making the Connection: Public Health and the Environment
Presented by Dave Edwards
10:15am to 11:05am
Breathing is Better than the Alternative
Presented by Vid Grande
11:15am to 12:05pm